Chemical Foaming Agents for Rotational Molding Applications...
Control Foam Density and Wall Thickness, Perform Multi-Layered Molding, Reduce Part Weight, etc.
Whether your process is a one step shot or employs drop box technology, Bergen International has a proven line of Chemical Foaming Agents to help you maximize your cost savings in your Rotational Molding processes.
Use of Foamazol™ CFAs allow molders to:
• Produce products with a wide range of foam densities and wall thicknesses
• Maintain more uniform wall thicknesses
• Increased wall thicknesses while reduced weight levels
• Achieve full dispersal of the Chemical Foaming Agent yielding a consistent high-quality cell structure and improved physical properties of the molded part
• Perform multi-layered molding including skin/foam and skin/foam/skin
• Employ a wide range of thermoplastics
• Create lighter more buoyant parts with superior insulating properties
Our Rotational Molding CFA product line includes:
Foamazol™ 10 Chemical Foaming Agent Powder
Foamazol™ 10 is used in both one step shot or drop box roto-molding processes, Foamazol™ 10 yields fine cellular structures, excellent foam expansion, and even smooth skins in single stage applications.
Foamazol™ 10 blends with any rotational molding grade resins:
• Giving molders the ability to add the CFA to their resin at 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5%, and up
• Proven to reduce density by as much as 40, 50, 60% and increase part wall thickness by 4, 5, 7 times in MDPE by adding 0.5, 0.75, 1.0% respectively
• Generally Recognized as Safe by FDA, non-flammable/non-hazardous material, food/potable water contact is not an issue
Foamazol™ 11 Endothermic Chemical Foaming Agent Compound
Foamazol™ 11 is designed specifically for foamed rotational molding applications. Supplied as white pellets, Foamazol™ 11 is for use in conjunction with LDPE powder resin to produce a two layer part in one step.
Foamazol™ 14 Exothermic Chemical Foaming Agent Compound
Foamazol™ 14 compound is designed specifically for foamed rotational molding applications, and is used to create a middle or inside foamed layer for rotational molded multilayer parts.
Once the skin layer has been established, Foamazol™ 14 is added (neat) via drop box or through the vent tube in a delayed or secondary charge to the mold. The micro beads will give the part a smooth and even foam layer due in part to this micro bead pellet form. This controlled decomposition helps uniformity of cell size and foam dispersion thus minimizing voids.
• More consistent foaming with easily reproducible results, more uniform wall thicknesses and a wide range of foam densities and wall thicknesses can be achieved
• Simple and easy to work with, no mixing required
• Smaller more uniform cell structure than the Roto-Molding compounds
• More rigid foam, and elimination of soft spots sometimes found with our competitor’s products in large parts
The core layer of this part was foamed with Foamazol™ 14
Foamazol™ 14 micropellets
Custom Chemical Foaming Agent Products and Customer Assistance
Bergen International can also work with you to customize CFAs for your Rotational Molding process. Our staff has extensive formulating and processing experience and can assist you in developing a CFA to best meet your requirements.